Why Your Story Matters
As humans we like to talk in stories, hear stories, and act based on the stories people tell us. Good stories transport us and help us walk in another person’s shoes for a while.
You can make a difference by sharing a story about your personal experiences whether:
- You or someone you know is living without opportunity
- You work with people living without opportunity
- You grew up without the same opportunities as others
- You want to share how you’re getting involved with Opportunity Rising: Our promise to all our kids
Your voice is authentic. Let us hear it.
Record your story and share it or write a post and share. The questions here are meant to get you thinking about what you might like to share.
- How would you describe yourself?
- What should we know about you?
- What’s your biggest challenge?
- What’s the one thing you want us to know about Opportunity Rising?
- What has helped you the most?
- What are your hopes and wishes? For you? For your children? For the children in our community?
OUR PROMISE TO ALL OUR KIDS
When we rise for our kids, we all rise. So I promise to:
Recognize the growing gap between those with opportunity and those without
Initiate action to effect change, one life at a time
Share stories and resources with my family, neighbors and community
Empower all kids to have equal opportunities to live up to their potential, independent of place and race
When you sign the petition, your name will be added to this list. If you would prefer to remain anonymous, please type “Anonymous” as your name in the field. Your email address is required, but you will not receive any emails unless you select the box asking to receive updates.